I am Jack’s sense of insecurity

The world around seems like a wasteland of unnecessary and mindless creation of items which we never needed, but now we are so compelled to use it. 

Ever wondered how companies like Apple, Microsoft came up with new gadgets and gizmos which we never thought of (cause we never needed them at the first place) and within the next second of the launch if the newest gadget or gizmo, if you don’t have it or you don’t know about it, you would seem like a retard on the street.

(Yes…. I did use the word retard even after a lot of people booed on Jenny for using it, but I say its just a word created by some of you people so I use it or I don’t, what’s bothering you people, I don’t see people NOT stopping to use the F word or the A word or just most obvious gestures, then how is using retard word uncool then using those).

I did my schooling and up to first year of my graduation without a cell phone, until cellphone arrived and with in no time from a luxury it became a necessity. 

People felt unsafe going outside their home without carrying their cellphone. Parents were greatly concerned and worried if their ward’s cellphone was either not working or he/she was not carrying his/her cellphone. 

Some kids have even got howling from their parents for not picking up the phone or for keeping it switch off or just not carrying. Which made me wonder, had these parents ever been howled upon in their youth times if they didn’t call their parents every hour and were not in constant contact? Parents scolding their kids on these issues seem a lot hypocritical.

I and many of my friends are just hooked up into these gadgets and more these IT Giants shove up these gadgets in the market the more are we going to be dependent on these little menace. Some have become so much more dependent on cellphone that they may even lose their job or their business, if they switched off their cellphone even for once. 

I don’t say I hate gadgets, but instead I hate being so much in love with gadgets so much that I have a habit of checking out any new launch gadgets online on daily basis. But what I am arguing upon is the amount of people superimposes these gadgets upon us and around them like the parents. I don’t blame the IT giants and companies like Apple etc. cause they are in business and they will do anything to gain more and more profit, they are doing it purposely to be in the business and have a continuous flow of income.

But what surprises me is how easily the public at large follows what they intent to do. It’s more like an intrusion in ones life with the advent of newer and newer gadgets or any technological advancement. The newest form of technology intrusion in our lives is the coming up of social networking, which started as a medium of sharing messages, ideas, photos and meeting long time forgotten friends, now is being invaded with the more and more number of family member and relatives joining in and asking for friend request from their wards. 

Imagine a teen been questioned by his/her parents asking the reason why he/she typed these comments on the picture of a hot looking chic or is in a community of rock band (which for them is nothing more than drugs and groupies) or why is he/she holding hands with that guy/gal or just likes photo of the guy/gal or why having only guy friends and not gals and vice-versa and try to judge your sexual orientation out of it and what not. Imagine how it would almost lead to chaos into your personal life by none other than your parents due to the advent of technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am Jack's Ball of Fire

I am Jack’s dark soul

Broke, Unemployed and Blogging